Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Product Review: Smashbox Bronzing Primer

Oh, where has this stuff been all my life. Creates THE most realistic bronze I've ever seen from makeup. One coat takes me one shade bronzer, and on. I found it actually felt WAY less greasy and slippery than the original photo-finish (which I'm not a fan of), more like a thick mousse. I seriously put it on at noon today and here I am 14 hours later, still perfect (I actually have it on my chest too, to match my face). LOOOVE this stuff.

The bronze is so natural looking that even around my lips (usually a huge no-no) it still looked like I had been just baking. The tint evens skin out very well too, almost like a tinted moisturizer. GREEAAAAT stuff.


The breakdown
Cyclomethicone - silicone
Dimethicone Crosspolymer - polymer, silicone
Isopropylparaben - preservative
Retinyl Palmitate -similar to retinol, anti ager
Tocopheryl Acetate - vitamin E, antioxidant, emollient
Ascorbic Acid - vitamin C, antioxidant, collagen stimulant
Carthamus Tinctorium (Safflower) Seed Oil - moisturizer
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract - antioxidant
Cola Acuminata Seed Extract - similar to caffeine, depuffing
Propylene Glycol - emollient, humectant
Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract - astringent
Isobutylparaben - preservative
Butylparaben - preservative
Water - I can't believe water is last?? why even bother?


Image courtesy of sephora.com

No comments: