Friday, December 5, 2008

Product Review: Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub


Nothing clears up the backnes, buttnes and boobnes faster than this potion. The grains are nice and hefty and really do the job, and honestly after each wash I feel so much smoother. This is in no way a moisturizer, and even the oiliest gals need a moisturizer after this medicated scrub, but it foams, it cleans in a jiffy and it gets me in control.
In emergency situations I've used it on my face too (my skin is TOUGH!) and it's pretty good for ingrowns and KP (nothing sees a difference quite like my back though).

Image courtesy of drugstore.com

The breakdown

Salicylic Acid (2%) - BHA, gets inside the pore and cleans it up
Water - obvious
Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate - surfactant
Cocamidopropyl Betaine - creamy surfactant
Disodium Cocamphodiacetate - anti-static surfactant
Polyethylene - the grains
Glycerin - humectants
Acrylates/Aminoacrylates/C10 30 Alkyl PEG 20 Itaconate Copolymer - surfactants
Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate - mild surfactant
Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate - surfactant
Matricaria Flower Extract (Chamomilla Recutita) - soothing
Citric Acid - preservative
Propylene Glycol - humectant, moisturizer
Butylene Glycol - humectant moisturizer
Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract -green tea, soothing, anti-oxidant
Yellow 6 - color
Red 40 - color
Blue 1 - color
Red 33 - color
Yellow 5 - color
Fragrance - duh

6 comments:

Askew To You said...

Good to know. I had a big problem with this when I was a kid and now my poor son struggles with the same thing. I will check this one out.

Askew To You said...

Oh, by the way, I'm Michelle from The Scented Life, too. I forgot to change my sign in on here. :D

lelaelena said...

Hi Michelle,
Absolutely check it out. If your son finds it too drying,I suggest lotioning up BEFORE washing.
BTW, off the top of your head, anyplace I can find the full Serge Lutens line in Canada?

Joi said...

I love this stuff too. PS added you to the blog roll

beautylogicblog said...

you're a sweet heart. Thanks for your comment. Big hugs to you.

lelaelena said...

Thanks to Joi and De, you two are perfect examples of why I develop serious spurts of envy for women of color....BEAUTIFUL!