Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Product Review: Skin Perfekt gel in Luminous


Well, nothing will get me perfekt but this is pretty great.
The truly amazing thing is it keeps me matte for a loooong time, there's an absorbent clay in here. I find it thicker than most primers too, almost as thick as a balm, which I like because I found it to do a better job of filling in my pores and fine lines than anything else in the past. The tint is great, but no means enough coverage for all of my myriad of flaws, but for most AWESOME. My color is Luminous (sigghhh for no more tanning) plus they don't label it but this has a touch of sun protection so woooohooo for that.

The truly amazing thing is my mom randomly walked into my makeup room the other day (yes I took over my sister's old room to be able to spread out) was attracted by the blue packaging tried it on and came home raving. So much so that today at work, she actually BOUGHT a whole one to herself. Now for my mother, the woman who won't buy LOREAL because it's too expensive to spend 65 dollars on a single product is truly saying something. She noticed such a dramatic filling in of her lines that her coworkers kept asking if she had Botox (not my mama, she's the world's lowest maintenance woman, which is why this all in one appeals to her).

If it's lines and pores that bother you, and you don't have too much acne or discoloration, give this one a try.
More...
Isododecane - emollient highly suitable with silicones that has the ability to "waterproof" it's companions
Polysilicone - 11 - silicone, smoothing
Dimethicone - silicone, smoothing
Retinyl Palmitate - vitamin A
Tocopheryl Acetate - vitamin E
Montmorillonite - lightly absorbing clay
Thioctic Acid - chemical name for alpha lipoic acid/antioxidant
Titanium Dioxide CI 77891 - provides the coverage and sun protection
Iron Oxides CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 - the color


Image courtesy of sephora.com

No comments: